Dr. Oz 2 Week Diet Recipes and Grocery List
Yesterday, we examined the Dr. Oz 2 Week Diet and the recommended supplement list required to complete a rapid weight loss transformation in a matter of only two weeks! Next, let’s talk food…we heard what was on the list of don’t’s, so you’re probably wondering what you can eat for the next two weeks. The good news is that you can have a delicious breakfast smoothie every morning, an unlimited amount of low-glycemic foods, and as much Dr. Oz Detox Broth as you can drink. Pretty easy, right? We thought so too, until we took a read through the twice-weekly process of cooking homemade vegetable broth and looked for an easy alternative. We’re happy to say that we found one in the form of an easy-to-use greens powder!
How To Make The Dr. Oz 2 Week Diet Breakfast Smoothies and Detox Broth:
What Can I Eat During the Dr. Oz 2 Week Diet?
No: Caffeine, Wheat, Sweeteners, Carbohydrates/Starches, or Dairy.
No: Eating Between 8pm-8am
Exceptions and Allowed Foods:
- Upon waking up, drink a hot cup of water and 1/2 lemon
- Breakfast Smoothie (recipe below)
- Green tea: Preferably organic
- Six Ounces of chicken, turkey or fish per day
- 1/2 cup of cooked brown rice per day
- Good fats such as avocados and olive oil are ok in moderation
- 1 cup of 2% plain Greek yogurt per day
- UNLIMITED Low-Glycemic Vegetables from the list below
- UNLIMITED Dr. Oz Detox Broth (or water mixed with greens powder)
- Light Snacks of Hummus, Pickles, and Nuts
Low Glycemic Vegetable List:
- Artichoke hearts
- Bamboo shoots
- Bean sprouts
- Brussels sprouts
- Beans (green, kidney, garbanzo)
- Greens (collard, kale, mustard, turnip)
- Pea pods
- Sugar snap peas
- Swiss chard
- Water chestnuts
- Cabbage (green, bok choy, Chinese)
- Salad greens (chicory, endive, escarole, iceberg lettuce, romaine, spinach, arugula, radicchio, watercress)
What To Do Each Day of Your 2 Week Dr. Oz Diet:
- Follow a Supplement Regimen of 1 Probiotic and 1 Multivitamin Each Day
- Take a Detox Bath Every Night (2 cups Epsom Salt and 1 cup Baking Soda)
Is the Dr. Oz Detox Broth Recipe Too Much Work?
Not to worry, we have a great alternative that is nutritionally equivalent on most levels. Substituting water, mixed with a high-quality gluten-free greens powder will give you the nutrients you require without the time-and-labor-intensive drain of cooking homemade vegetable broth twice a week. The graph below shows a comparison between the Dr. Oz Detox Broth recipe’s nutritional content and that of both Perfect Aquatic Greens and Catie’s Gluten-Free Greens.
Stay tuned for Part 3 of this series which will include a day-to-day food guide with recipe suggestions later this week. In the meantime, how are you doing on your 2 Week Dr. Oz Diet? Are you dropping pounds–and cravings too?